There are different Air Purifiers for different needs. Some perform especially well against any or all of the pollutants or odors. You can view the comprehensive post on the BEST AIR PURIFIER IN INDIA 2019. This post specifically discusses Asthma. Find the Best Air Purifier For Asthma which give the most respite to its patients.
- 1 Best Air Purifier For Asthma In India
- 2 Top Air Purifiers For Asthma List
Best Air Purifier For Asthma In India
Do Air Purifiers combat the symptoms of Asthma? Air Purifier users must know that there are many types of air purifiers. They need to choose out the most suitable one. People with allergies, asthma, pet hair problem or need for odor control are different use cases. Chronic Bronchitis or hay fever is another ailment which can be relieved by air purifiers.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a debilitating ailment which can put one’s life out of gear. Asthma symptoms usually hood up early in life but not necessarily so. According to an independent source, there are approx 300 million asthma patients worldwide. About 30 million live only in India. Hence Asthma is a big problem. Asthma is a lungs disease which manifests itself in many symptoms. Problems like shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing and chest congestion are observed in Asthma patients. Hypersensitive Pneumonitis patients can benefit from air purifiers. Animal fur, molds, and fungus spores can cause this disease.
What Causes Asthma?
Our lungs are built up of a network of air tubes. Bigger airways open into smaller tubes and so on. Simply put asthma is an inflammation of these air passages. A lot of mucus is produced when the air tubes (bronchi and bronchioles) become narrow. This further aggravates the problem. This constricts the air transport capacity of the lungs as a whole. Exposure to stimuli by irritants can induce quick reactions. Mild responses may disappear on their own. But, violent ones often called Asthma Attack need specialized care.
This post is not intended to play down the importance of medicinal care. Medicines are indispensable to Asthma treatment and prophylaxis.
Asthma & Stress Correlation
The symptoms and impact of Asthma on life can be quite disturbing. Patients are constantly anxious at the back of their minds. One bad day or inadvertent exposure to irritants or allergens can spoil it. Hence, that asthma induces stress cannot be ruled out. Lifestyle changes focused on pulmonary health and strength can be beneficial. Practice Pranayam, Yoga and aerobics under professional supervision.
Air Purifiers And Asthma Control
Air Purifiers can be a boon for asthma patients. You should keep your surroundings tidy and dust free. Keeping curtains, upholstery, pillows and surroundings clean can prevent asthma flare ups. Air Purifiers can keep a check on dust particles in the air. Dust Mites, molds and allergens thrive in furry cloths, furniture fabrics, carpets and coarse upholstery. Air Purifiers can remove dust, allergens, molds and mites. There is nothing better than keeping articles which come in your close contact absolutely clean. HEPA filters can trap and remove very fine particles from the air. Particles as small as 0.3 microns are effectively filtered out from air. Always ask and check for True HEPA filters before purchasing an Air Purifier.
Go for air purifiers with high circulation and CADR. Air purifiers with high fan speed and suction come in larger physical bodies. These are commonly the top-in-line in the catalog. Small air purifiers do not effectively combat asthma and allergy based diseases.
Top Air Purifiers For Asthma List
The Coway Storm AP-1516 is a powerful and Best Air Purifier For Asthma. Its powerful suction and circulation removes air-borne dust and suspended particles. People with asthma and allergies have observed a marked improvement in their conditions. Coway Air Purifiers are popular world-wide with excellent customer support.
- Coway Storm Air Purifier has a high CADR and coverage area. It is in line with our recommendation above in blue box.
- CADR- 492 cubic m/hr and Coverage Area of 575 sq. ft.
- It has Custom air flow options of long reach or wide range.
- Quick cleaning mode is the ubiquitous Turbo mode to clean air quickly.
- The Air Purifier has a Unique 4 Stage Filtration Process. The stages are Pre Filter, Fine Dust Filter, Activated Carbon Filter and HEPA Filter.
- Has excellent HEPA filter quality hence awesome air filtration is achieved.
- HEPA filter is long lasting which is a big plus (~ 8500 hours)
The Philips AC3821 is an air purifier cum humidifier. Humidifiers go a long way in making the room micro environment clean. This is one of the Best Air Purifier For Asthma patients.
- Philips AC3821 displays humidity levels.
- CADR of 310 cubic m/hr.
- Coverage Area of 861 sq.ft
- The Air Purifier has a Real-time PM2.5 level indicator
- AQI ring which displays 4 colors depending on pollution
- Mode the air purifier is operating in like General, Allergen or Sleep mode
- Filter Replacement Indicator
Buy From Flipkart Or Amazon
The Philips Ac3256 is a powerful air purifier. As we repeatedly say, always go for a big air purifier for Asthma. This model covers a huge area of 1027 sq. ft. But, this range is for moderate to low pollution. For intense pollution levels, the coverage area is lower. A real-time PM 2.5 pollutants level display give you the assurance about air quality. The most important component- the HEPA filter is a True HEAP. So, rest assured of its quality.
Good To Know
- The air purifier starts automatically in the same mode on power resume.
- No Ionizer option, no ozone scare.
- 2 Years warranty from Philips
- Wash the pre-filter frequently but never wet the HEPA filter. You can use a vacuum cleaner for it. After 2-3 years you would need to replace the filters.
- White is the only color option available.
- The weight is quite heavy, hence a handle is provided for portability.
The Honeywell Air Touch i8 is another great Air Purifier. It has an inbuilt PM2.5 meter to monitor real time pollution level. The PM2.5 meter shows an accurate reading. Air Touch i8 can cover an area of 387 sq.ft. Honeywell boasts of the long life of its filters. If you use the air purifier for an average 8 hr/day, they would last for about a year. Many users have reviewed this model favorably.
Honeywell comes with a Child Lock, Auto mode and Sleep mode. A Filter Replacement Indicator warns when its time to replace the filters. After a power failure when the power resumes, so does it.