The toilet or washroom is one place in a home which is most likely to be smelly. For obvious reasons, no one can prevent foul odours there when nature calls. But we can easily mask the bad smells or even eliminate them easily. Room Air Fresheners have been discussed in detail previously. There is a subtle difference in what delivery modes are chosen for rooms and toilets. Read along to find the Best Toilet Freshener in India.
Rooms are much larger and airy as compared to toilets. Also, room air fresheners must look attractive. There is no such obligation for toilet use. This liberty makes bathroom fresheners less costly as compared to their counterparts for rooms. But automatic fragrance dispensers work just fine, there’s no reason they wouldn’t! Automatic deodorizers are in fact safer than normal cans. They spew a calculated small amount of spray in air at fixed intervals. Sprays on the other hand are wasteful and hence don’t last a fixed number of days.
Cubes have their own pros and cons. They are compact and not prone to any breakages or dispenser failures. Yet, they may lack longevity in terms of scent. Gels are a better option and give far more consistent fragrance throughout their volume. Activated Charcoal sacks can also be bought.
Best Toilet Freshener in India
This product here is specially made for the times you have to go pooping. Its perfect for the most smelly times your washroom witnesses. Spray some over the toilet seat and a little inside the commode before using it. There are no harmful aerosols but essential oils and other ingredients. It is the Best Toilet Freshener in India.
What it does is– kills the germs from surfaces your body comes in contact with. Plus, when you spray it inside the commode over the water, its for a reason. The spray forms an invisible film which traps the smelly gases from spreading and even neutralizes it. Users have really liked the results, the only reason we have given Poo-Pourri the top slot. You can save yourself from a lot of embarrassing situations by using it.
Disclaimer– Many may find the scent too feeble and resulting requirement for many sprays. You can choose from among many other scents apart from Deja Poo.
Moso Charcoal Bags are one of the best natural air fresheners. The charcoal is made from a rare bamboo species found in China. The bamboo is smoldered which results in a large number of pores in the charcoal. The pores present a huge surface area which trap pollutant molecules in them. The pores adsorb odor, allergen and bacteria particles on its surface. This in turn purifies the air.
As with other activated charcoal bags, when you get the delivery place the Moso bags in sunlight. This simple procedure recharges the bags. Even you should do this from time to time to recharge them.
Life Expectancy is 2 years after which open the bag and sprinkle it in your garden. The price is high because of unique bamboo charcoal. This product is a natural Best Toilet Freshener in India.
Available sizes are 75 and 200 gram bags.
Air freshener sachets are a convenient and cheap way of availing freshness. No risk of nozzle failures as in sprays, or automatic fresheners. No look around needed for a slab on which you can place it. Just hang it by the hook anywhere and its done! A single pouch of Godrej Aer Pocket lasts around 15 days against 3-4 weeks which the company claims. If not for the life, the very good fragrance justifies its cost.
- Full marks for the excellent array of fresh fragrances.
- Ease of use and placement is a plus.
WHERE IT LACKS
- The sachet never lasts for 3-4 weeks. Take its life a maximum of 15 days.
- The fresh fragrance decreases with time.
4. AirWick Freshmatic Automatic Air Freshener
Automatic air fresheners are costlier and you can do with just the things we listed above. If your washrooms are big in area or for office lavatory use, nothing works better than automatic fragrance dispensers like AirWick. Its the Best Air Freshener in India for a reason. The dispenser machine is of good quality and works well. Plus, the range of fragrances available is huge.
Use such air freshener sprays only in well ventilated areas. People suffering from smell sensitivity should avoid it. If not a blanket ban at least first try using the cheaper sachets. Or, try how your nose reacts to it at a place outside. Overall, it works for 60 days which means you can chill meanwhile.
On a lighter note, the device makes a strange sound while spraying at intervals. The sound is very similar to someone passing wind, so it should be used only in bathrooms and toilets. The difference with this farting is that it delivers fragrance instead.
5. Mangalam CamPure Bathroom Freshener
This product is a simple use of camphor in an a porous fabric. Camphor is a 100% natural derivative from pine tree oil. Toilet fresheners have artificial scents and chemicals in an aerosol. These chemicals can cause health issues in the long run. Nothing to fear for in case of camphor. It is actually a cough suppressant and an active ingredient in many medicines like Vicks Vapour Rub. This does not mean that it is safe to be swallowed as it is poisonous when ingested.
- The biggest plus point is that a safe substance like camphor is entering your respiratory system.
- Consistently delivers a mild smell of camphor which is non-irritating.
- Cloth moths, mosquitoes and flies dislike its smell and are repelled. This benefit however is debatable and views may differ.
- Can just be hung from a nail and no risk of breakages is involved.
- Affordable as a single cone can server you for over a month.
- Some people report that they like the original camphor smell better. This leaves us with not many variations of scents.
- Smell is strong in the starting but diminishes afterwards.
6. PeeBuddy Toilet Spray
A visibly clean toilet is not necessarily clean in the real sense of the term. There may still be disease causing germs. Women are particularly susceptible to contacting urinary track infections. There are many disinfecting sprays available to kills germs on toilet seats, faucets, door knobs and other frequently touched objects in public places.
Why Are Toilet Sprays worth buying?
- Quickly sanitizes the unclean surfaces and obliterates chances of catching infections.
- Not just kills germs but also deodorizes toilets or stinky restrooms.
- A spray bottle is very convenient to carry on the move. A toilet seat sanitizer is nothing less than an insurance against catching urinary track infections and similar bacterial diseases.
Below are some things to know about PeeBuddy toilet spray.
- It is not a natural spray and is mostly comprised of ethyl alcohol 65% v/v which is an effective germicide. Don’t you remember that your hand sanitizers too have either ethyl or methyl alcohol for the most part of it?
- The way to use this toilet spray is easy. Just shake it, spray it and wait for 10 seconds till it evaporates from the surface you sprayed it on.
- Kills 99.99% germs from the surfaces making them safe to touch.
- Eliminates foul odors making your outdoors trips safe as far as your health is concerned. While using public restrooms or surfaces brimming with germs, a few sprays from 25 cm distance is all you need to do.
What Smells Can Fill Your Bathrooms?
- Foul smells after using the toilet and flatulence.
- Smells from sewage flowing in drains.
- Musty smells from walls due to seepage or frequent water contact.
- Dirty and damp laundry could also be the reason.
- Bad odours from leakages in shafts and leakage in gas vents.
Things To Look For In A Toilet Freshener
- An ideal Air Freshener for bathrooms should not only mask odour but also eliminate it.
- Any product which also kills bacteria would be great to have.
- Sachets with Gels, cubes or camphor-based hanging types are most effective and convenient.
- Automatic sprays come handy where bathrooms find frequent users.
WAYS TO KEEP YOUR BATHROOM FRESH
Nothing beats having good ventilation inside the washrooms. Good air circulation takes away foul smells as soon as they appear. Ventilators help in quick drying of bathroom floors which presents mold or algae growth. Sunlight, if it can be made to enter via glass windows kills bacteria naturally.
USE AUTOMATIC AIR FRESHENERS
Automatic air fresheners are a growing trend. They are an effortless way of ensuring a fragrant air round the clock. Go for dispensers which enable you to turn them off. Try not to use artificial scents or aerosol-based sprays for prolonged periods for health reasons. Glade Automatic sprays are better to own since refills from AirWick is also compatible.
USE CHARCOAL BAGS
Talking about natural deodorizers, bamboo charcoal or Activated carbon bags are worth mentioning. Activated charcoal is a safe and effective way of odor control. It has an inbuilt capacity of absorbing harmful gases and odours. Jute sacks or bags filled with powdered charcoal are commonly available for sale. Activated carbon woven into fabric finds omnipresence in Air Purifiers across brands. Just be careful not to wet the sacks or they lose their power.
DEHUMIDIFIER WILL HELP
Keeping a tab on indoor moisture is always good. A dry bathroom is far healthier than a perennially wet one. A small dehumidifier can come handy to achieve this. A Dehumidifier for Bathroom is an affordable device which removes excess moisture from the air. There is an inbuilt water tank to collect the condensed water.
DRAIN PIPES & COVERS
An important part of your bathrooms’ cleanliness is the drainage system. A proper slope of the floor should be constructed towards the drain. This way no neither water nor the dirt would stagnate on the floor. It automatically cuts short the cleaning work so much. Drain covers prevent hair and larger objects from choking the pipes. Clogging is the most common reason for leakages and dampness. Occasionally use drainage pipe cleaners like Dranex. Avoid the use of acids at all costs.
USE DOOR MATS
Door mats outside the bathrooms reduces risk of slippage. Not only this, it also helps keep the bathroom floor dirt free. Taking footwear that you wear outdoors to the washrooms should be avoided. Dirt that sticks on the soles spoil and get collected in the flooring joints. Needless to say this mud is the favorite breeding ground of germs in moist conditions. Prefer using separate slippers for washroom-only use.
Clean the wash-basins and commodes with disinfectant liquids to maintain hygiene at least once in two days. Regular cleanup of toilet seats prevents diseases like Urinary Tract Infections or typhoid. Keep toilet seat sanitizers handy in case you are not sure of its usability. Whenever in doubt just clean things up than be sorry. Always flush with the seat cover closed. You will see it but uncountable droplets of mist are transported far and wide. These are carriers of germs and E.Coli. Never keep toiletries close to the commode or keep them in cupboards. Harpic bathroom cleaner is a good one.
PETS – USE SPECIALIZED PRODUCTS
Those who have pets at home may not have toilet-trained them. Pets’ urine and poop is way more smelly and nauseating. Dogs have a habit of making a favorite spot for urination. They just can’t keep themselves from spraying at those places. You can use sprays like Urine Free to keep the stink at bay. Not just this pet and human urine stains are easily removed too.
Conclusion – Best Toilet Freshener
We hope you found this post on the Best Toilet Freshener in India informative. The Poo-Pourri product is something new for Indians. You must try it! I know it is costly but it can spare you or your guests the blushes. Go for natural toilet fresheners instead of artificial scents and chemicals based ones. Look for the ingredients while setting out to buy. The more nature friendly things you see the best. Activated charcoal bags, flower and leave potlis or camphor cones are natural toilet fresheners. Their fragrance may not last longer than chemical based products. But, you can rest assured that you would not contact any allergies or health problem in the long run if you use natural products.