Pleasing smells catch the fantasies of one and all. Some smells even remind us of life events and trigger memories. Smells have a direct impact on ones mood too. After all, the nose is so close to the brain! Room Air Fresheners let you enjoy the most ravishing and sensory aromas in nature. Given how affordable room fresheners are, they are a very common possession. Homes, Offices, public places, lavatories and closets find their use and the list goes on. After rooms and washrooms, cars are where air fresheners find wide use. Most Car owners love to experiment and use different fragrances in tandem. Car Fresheners are a very common sight now. In this post, we bring forth the Best Car Perfume or Freshener in India.
Your own experience may vary from what we suggest ahead. This is perfectly normal. Liking or dislike for a scent is a 100% matter of personal choice. This is the reason why you won’t see any car perfume with even 4 star ratings. Here we’ll talk about only the big brand fresheners whose reviews count run into hundreds.
BEST CAR FRESHENER IN INDIA 2020
There are so many products out there that one may lose count. Different brands and over it so many choices within a brand! This is where you tend to get confused. In this post, we have tried to narrow down your search. Below are some of the Best Car Perfume India can find online.
1. Godrej Aer Twist Car Air Freshener
This product from Godrej was once the only Gel based car freshener in market. It is very compact and easily fits in the car’s cup tray. You can also stick it on the dashboard with the enclosed sticker or a double sided tape. The gel contents truly last long and let out constant scent for 60 days. You can adjust the fragrance by adjusting the twisting the cap. Keep as much vent open as much you want the odour to be.
- Fragrances are long lasting and most people find them good. Usually we keep our cars’ AC vent closed and glasses rolled up. The smell persists for a day even if you keep the car freshener off.
- Godrej Aer Twist is available in 8 scents.
- Can be placed on the dashboard or in the cup holder.
- It can last for about 60 days but varies.
- The cap sometimes get loose and the fragrance control by twist fails.
- The smell is heavy in the beginning of use which irritates sensitive people.
2. My Shaldan Car Air Freshener
Have you experienced the scent of fresh oranges and lime. Recall the freshness of the spurts when you squeeze citrus peels. In childhood we used to squeeze the peels into each others eyes. Here we review one product “My Shaldan” which is made from natural oils from citrus fruits. My Shaldan is a product of Japanese origin. Orange, Lime and Lemon peels are cold compressed to extract their oil. It can last for 8 weeks.
- Limonene, the main natural substance in orange peel oil has anti-cancer properties.
- Lime scent is especially refreshing and liked.
- As the ingredients are derived from fruits, it is not harmful for your health.
- Scent reduced hypertension, stress and insomnia.
- Long lasting product which keeps you alert while driving.
- No provision to stick it on dashboard etc.
- The container is rather wide so you may find it difficult to place it in cup/bottle holder.
- Does not look classy in a luxury car.
3. Godrej Aer Click Car Fragrance
Godrej Aer Twist is the Best Car Air Freshener. It is better than the Aer Click product. Unlike, the latter this one contains a liquid instead of a Gel. Aer Click freshener kit comes with a clip which can cling to the AC grills. As you can guess, fragrance is well circulated this way. If not the AC, at least the fan must be ON for it to work.
- Works only when the AC or Fan is ON. So there is no wastage while the car is not running.
- Can attach to the AC vent, so your cup holder space is not wasted.
- Not a very good design. The liquid often comes out of the container and spoils the dashboard.
- Scent also may fade away quickly.
4. Areon Passion Gel Car Perfume
Areon offers a very wide variety of car perfumes. Just look at their product catalog, its huge! Areon is the best brand car perfume India can buy online. There is a range of premium perfumes within Aeron product list though. If you have refined tastes then you’d not mind putting a little pricey perfume in your car. The below perfumes come in 50 ml spray bottles. Its hard to describe a scent in words. So, just try out the different variants when its time to buy a new bottle.
- Gold – The most popular among all in this list.
- Black Crystal
The good news is that most of these perfumes are returnable in 10 days. Just check out this factor when buying it. Going with the reviews and quality of Areon products, they make the Best Car Perfume India can enjoy with.
5. Involve One Car Perfume
- Available in 7 fragrances to choose from.
- Solid contents but not Gel. Prevents spills or leakages.
- Involve One Car perfumes can be placed on dashboard or cup holder. A double-sided 3M tape is provided.
- Slider on the lid is provided to control the scent output.
- Long lasting life between 45-60 days.
6. AirWick Air Freshener Sprays
Use a room air freshener spray sparingly in a car. A single spray should be enough. All sprays from good brands have nice fragrances. The real difference is noticeable in automatic dispenser quality. Spray nozzles usually last well until the contents finish. Sprays from Odonil, Godrej Aer, Glade and AirWick are the most prominent. Our preference is AirWick as its Freshmatic product is the market leader. These sprays are meant for rooms only. For a car, the scent may be too much to handle.
7. AirPro Citrus Car Fragrance
A good car perfume with a beautiful bottle, you must try AirPro once. This gel based product can be placed on your dashboards or cup holders. Rotatable cap lets you modulate the scent intensity. A new product with the shape of a mic is out recently. It looks great in your car for the cost. The refills can also be changed easily.
8. 3Pure Potli Car Freshener
Potlis look traditional and earthy. Overall, they look beautiful. Users found this product useful and long lasting. The plus point is that the scent is optimum. A downside is when you own a sedan or luxury car as it does not match the ‘class’. There are more than 50 fragrances available to choose. There is no limitation of placement. Bathrooms, cupboards, cars, wardrobes anywhere.This is the Best Car Freshener for sensitive
Car Air Freshener Buying Guide
Why Do You Need Car Air Fresheners?
First impressions can be long lasting. A smelly car can put off your guests or ‘special’ ones. If you maintain proper hygiene then bad smells would seldom trouble you. But, not everyone is the caring types right! Dirty lifestyle cannot be ruled out if your car air feels nauseating. You cannot simply wash your car interiors at will. Odours often get arrested on seat covers or car roof fabrics. Car washes and dry cleanings also do not help sometimes.
Foul or stale smells linger when there is little air circulation. Food or drinks spillage inside car is the most common culprit for smells. Another reason is when you set the car’s AC to only circulate air within the car. So, the only option you are left with is to artificially mask the foul odour with scents. Some air fresheners just mask the foul smells which is not a great idea. Choose ones which remove the smells and give out pleasing fragrance.
BEST CAR PERFUME BUYING TIPS
The Best Car Freshener is one which satisfies all or most of the below criteria:
- A good car freshener is compact and should last long.
- The fragrance should be mild and soothing to the senses.
- You should be able to turn off the air freshener when needed.
- Some mechanism should be present to increase or decrease the fragrance delivery.
- The scent bottle, device or pouch must easily be stuck, placed or hung inside the car.
- The fragrance output should not vary much with temperature changes.
- The air freshener should not cause headaches, respiratory allergies etc.
- It should be affordable and refilling if applicable should be easy.
- There should not be any harmful chemicals which can cause side-effects in the long run.
TYPES OF CAR AIR FRESHENERS
Gels and sprays are the only practical delivery methods. Some fresheners can also be hung with a loop.
Perhaps the most popular choice of air fresheners for car. Aroma Gels in slider or lid based containers let you control the aroma output. There is nothing to spill or break either. A technique helps the gel maintain aroma consistency throughout its volume. Plus the whole content of the gel retains fragrance till its empty. Apart from this a constant delivery of aroma is ensured. Hence, this type of fresheners is the most loved of all.
Sprays are best to use when only an adhoc need for car air freshness is felt. Just pull the spray out and spray a few shots and its done! Sprays you buy should not cause staining on car interiors. Sprays are aerosol based where sometimes combustible gases are present. So, beware never to store them inside in hot conditions. An advantage of using sprays is that they are more intense compared to gels. You need instant results and turnaround; there’s nothing like sprays. Some of the Best Car Fresheners are sprays.
POTPOURRI or CONE
The simple Camphor cones are being liked by many users. Camphor has anti-bacterial properties which you can put to good use. Just tie the string to the rear mirror stick. Buy them here.
Then there are potpourri options which are 100% natural contents of fragrant petals, leaves etc.
CAR AIR PURIFIERS
Freshness in air is felt not just by scents. Pure air is naturally fresh. Before driving off, always open up all the windows to let fresh air fill in your car. Car air purifiers remove pollutants and odor inside the car. Get yourself a good air purifier with HEPA and carbon filters. This will take care of the air quality. There are many purifier models which emit negative ions too. Negative ions or anions are scientifically proven to act as mood enhancers. What does a perfume or scent do to your mood? You feel light and your mood is uplifted. Car air purifiers also help you achieve the same benefits.
Who Should Not Use Car Perfumes?People allergic to smells should avoid using scents especially in a closed environment. Are you one of them who start sneezing instantly when strong smells are around? Then you should avoid using car fresheners. Mild fragrances should be tolerable to the majority.
How To Prolong The Life Of Your Car Air Freshener?
You can stretch the life of your freshener using some common sense. You can close the lid of the gel-based car fresheners when you reach home from work. It would prevent wastage and that strong burst of fragrance in the morning. My nose itself felt ticklish and I used to sneeze a few times as soon I got into my car in morning. Its then when I realized to advise this here. Similarly, look for the possibility to turn off whatever your freshener’s mechanism is.
With sprays this problem does not exist. The Best Car Perfume India looks for must last long.
Where To Place Your Car Freshener?Except sprays which spread quickly you would need to place the air freshener right. The air conditioner vent grills are the most suitable place. This way the fragrance is spread evenly from here. Press the clips on your freshener against the grills with even force. Don’t try too hard if the clips do not fit the grills easily. Sachets or Potpoullis can be hung from the rear mirror depending on their size. Keep in mind that driving should not be impacted.
How Can You Keep Foul Odors Away From Car?
CONCLUSION – Best Car Perfume India
A product to qualify as the best car perfume India has to fulfill so many expectations. Alas! not a single fragrance is there which could be crowned the undisputed best. Still, if your car perfume smells good and is tolerably strong then its good. Top it up with a good looking bottle and provision for firm placement. Even better to have is some way to turn off the perfume when not needed. Most car fragrances cost between 200 to 2200 Rs. Last but not the least, best car perfume would not cause allergies to you or other co-passengers.